Apr 4, 2013

Why You Should Not Make Your Postpaid Line Application Through Globe's Online Store

...but not through online application.
Dear Globe Telecom,

Last February 24, I applied for a second postpaid line through your online portal. To facilitate the process, I also took your option to pay the required first payment through the same online facility, using my debit card.

Big mistake.

The next day, one of your agents contacted me to list the requirements we need to submit. I promptly submitted the requirements. After that, I never heard from her again. Could it be because my application was disapproved? Nah, I don't think so, because after two weeks, I got tired of waiting, made the same application via the phone hotline, and got approved.

With the approval of my via-phone application, I undertook to cancel the online application, so that my advance payment could be refunded.

But although it only took your agents 24 hours to contact me to submit my requirements when I was making my application, it is now taking them forever to click some button in their computer to cancel my application. I've called around six times to make the same cancellation request, and again and again and again, the agents on the phone asked me to wait up to 48 hours. Now, over 600 hours later, the cancellation is still pending, and my money is still frozen with you.

I am currently chatting with another one of your agents, this time through your chat gadget. I have asked her to escalate my issue. She has again asked me to wait for feedback from the escalation team, this time for 72 hours. I told her that I had heard that line before. Could I call them myself? She said sorry, that was not possible.

That cancel-and-refund button must be pretty hard to push.

Yours sincerely,

Blessie