Jun 28, 2010

Get Rich Slowly

This weekend, I have come across an amazing freebie, which -- because it's free -- I would like to share with you, my readers.

What is it? My dear friends, it's a freebie that could change your life.

It's a free seminar workshop on financial planning.

It's free because it is the public education effort of IMG, a brokerage company. Despite the sponsorship, it has no strings attached. You will learn a lot, and you won't need to shell out a cent to use what you learned.

Now let me tell you more about what this Filipino mom learned for free in this workshop:

  • I learned how to make sure that if I, the breadwinner, should die tomorrow, my kids would not starve.
  • I learned how to make sure that if I live until 110, my kids will not go broke paying my medical bills.
  • We have all heard that the rich get richer while the poor get poorer. Well, this time, this Filipino mom learned exactly HOW that happens, and how I can make that rule work for myself and my family.
  • Have you heard about compounding interest, how your money goes up so fast at 12% interest, then have you wondered which bank on earth gives 12% interest? Now I know where.
  • Other stuff. What can I say? It was an information-filled seminar, and this is a blog, not an e-book.

Now let me digress a little. I have a confession to make.

When it comes to planning financially -- saving money, most specifically -- I have never been an authority. Oh, we try to save all right, but in all truth, the money that my husband and I make is barely enough to cover our basic needs. How on earth could we think about saving when what we make isn't even enough for our expenses?

But it has been said that insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting the result to be different.

I don't want to be working for sixteen hours a day until the day I retire -- heaven forbid, until the day I die -- and still be unable to afford a trip to Las Pinas!

This seminar has forced me to rethink my life. More importantly, it has helped me map out a way to do things differently so that, inevitably, the results will change as well.

Then maybe I won't have to work for sixteen hours a day for the rest of my life. And, God willing, my kids won't have to either.

I would like to thank our long-time family friend Ate Joy for letting me know about this seminar. From the bottom of my heart, you have truly been an answer to prayers I didn't even know I prayed.

And now I would like to pass the kindness forward. My dear friends and readers, I would like to invite you to the same seminar.

If you wish to attend it, you can go directly to this address: 3/F King's Court I, Chino Roces (formerly Pasong Tamo), Makati City, on Saturdays, from 2:00 to 8:00 p.m. (Schedules may change without advance notice.)

If you wish to confirm the schedule first, or if you prefer a different schedule or venue, or if you only have four hours to spare, you may contact 0906-2147059 for assistance.