Jan 30, 2010

Royalties! For Filipino Moms Who Like to Write

This Filipino mom has a secret extra-income source (shhh, don't tell my husband). As you may have already guessed, it's a writing stint: I write what I like and know about, publish it online, and as people view it and click on the links in it, I earn money.

I'll tell you more about it in a bit, but if you're the eager type, you can click here right now to sign up.

Now, let me tell you more about my extra-income source. No, it's not keyword-article writing.

Not keyword-article writing

I do NOT write about things that somebody assigned to me. No real estate or Forex or poker, thank you

I write about things I already know about, or things I am interested in, such as parenting, relationships, household tips, and my biggest money-maker, McDonald's!

In other words, it's hardly work. These are things I would love to share to other Filipino moms whether or not I were being paid to do it. The fact that I'm earning royalties from them is just icing on the cake.

Did I just mention royalties? Yes, I did.

Haven't you ever envied those writers who write one book and receive royalties on that for the rest of their lives?

Well, we can have that too. Welcome to the world of almost labor-free extra income!

Money from ROYALTIES -- and ads

This should come as no surprise. Lots of people earn good money not from selling products but from just putting ads out in the Internet. (Can you say "Google ads"?)

Of course, to put out ads, you need a site to put the ads in, and articles to put in your site.

And that's how it works. The company makes everything fair for its writers by making sure that your revenue is proportionate to the popularity of your article. And what makes an article popular? Two things only: It must be well written, and its topic must be relevant or interesting.

How much money can you make?

This Filipino mom wrote articles for the site sporadically for about two years. I've accumulated exactly fifty articles. I didn't write anything at all last year.

And every month, I receive extra income of at least 30 dollars, or almost 1,500 pesos.

Now to be clear, I didn't start earning that much until after two years. Those articles needed time to accumulate in number and in search engine ranks, you know.

And is 1,500 pesos per month big money? No, not really -- but remember that I get these monthly 1,500 pesos without doing any further work. And I'm still getting them now. Without doing any further work.

And that's just money from my articles. That does not include money from the Google ads in my articles. That's a different set of income -- still labor free.

Ain't royalties grand? I think so. If you do too, go visit my extra-income site by clicking here.

And if you want advice on how to maximize it, do drop me a line to let me know.